Littlefield will be one year old in April! It has been a wonderful first year, and we would like to invite you to celebrate it with us!
All Littlefield residents are invited to participate in our Anniversary Expo which will be held from April 6-12. This is a chance for all Littlefield residents to get to know each other, and celebrate this wonderful community that has grown to 1,000 members in just one year. We would like you to create an exhibit to share something about yourself, your creations and/or your interests.
Any resident may contribute an exhibit for the event. Free space for exhibits is available, with parcels up to 80×80. Spaces are available now. Exhibits should be completed before April 6.
Exhibits can be just about anything. We hope everyone will contribute! Here are some possible ideas:
- BUILDING NOT REQUIRED. You can create an exhibit using photos, images, or even text. I’ll be happy to provide a small open-air structure if you need a way to display photos or small objects and you’re not a builder. You can even just write notecards to put into something that can be clicked on to give information to a visitor.
- COLLABORATE WITH A FRIEND. If you have an idea, but you think you aren’t a builder, why not collaborate with another resident who does build?
- TELL PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR INTERESTS. What are you passionate about? Gardening? Fashion? Music? Use the exhibit to share your passions with us. Show and tell!
- DISPLAY YOUR CREATIONS. Have you created interesting builds, or clothes? Are you good at landscaping, or interior decoration? Are you an artist, or musician? Make an exhibit with your creations, and let us celebrate your creativity with you.
- TELL A STORY ABOUT YOU. Use photos and objects to tell the story of your life in the virtual world. Maybe it’s about your relationship, or your adventures (or misadventures), or your RP community. We ALL have a story. We want to know yours!
- PROVIDE SOMETHING FUN FOR PEOPLE TO DO. It doesn’t have to be “about” anything. Some of the most popular expo exhibits are just fun activities that give people a smile.
- PLAY WITH AN IDEA. Think about a broad theme, then create a “collage” that expresses your thoughts about it. Some possible themes: Friendship. Hope. Community. Renewal. What do these things mean to you?
Be creative! Let your imagination go! Remember, Littlefield is about people – about YOU. We want to celebrate the best of what Littlefield is, and what it can be. We want to celebrate you.
Here are more details:
LFG Anniversary Week is April 6-13. Please complete your exhibit before April 6 so that we can photograph it before the opening.
Parcels are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To claim a parcel, select any empty parcel, rez a prim on it, and notify one of the Littlefield Admins. We will then put the parcel in your name and you can start building.
Parcels are 80m x 80m with 2929 prims allowed. But you don’t have to use the whole thing. Don’t feel obligated to create a huge build just because there is all that land. It’s okay to create something small. If there is land left over, we’ll help you landscape it.
Parcels are located on the four regions: LFG Anniversary E, LFG Anniversary S, LFG Anniversary W, and LFG Anniversary N. You may claim any vacant parcel on any of these four regions.
Terraforming is allowed on your parcel +/- 3m only.
Please make sure that everything you place on your parcel is either your own original creation, or legally licensed for this grid. We will be taking photos and publicizing them all over the internet so it’s important to protect our grid by using only legal content. All exhibits will be inspected and unauthorized content will be removed.
Please be considerate of other exhibitors. Please don’t build things that would detract from or interfere with other residents’ builds.
If you have any questions, please ask Camryn Darkstone, Toy McBride, Dirk Mathers, Ashton Nobilis or Walter Balazic.
Let’s get all 24 exhibit spaces filled, and make this anniversary the best party yet!