On September 7-8, 2013 several Littlefield Grid members attended the first annual OpenSimulator Community Conference.
This groundbreaking event took place on a special OpenSimulator grid that was created specifically for the purpose. It was the first attempt to bring together members of many OpenSimulator grids at one time for a conference. It was interesting to hear innovative uses of the OpenSimulator platform for city planning, for teaching English to children in China, and for training for soldiers in the U.S. Army.
The conference organizers did a fabulous job creating the venue and the schedule. Even with over 200 avatars present at one time, there was very little lag and technical glitches were few. The sessions were interesting, and proved a valuable opportunity to meet new friends, network with other grids and see what they are up to.
- 359 unique accounts attended the in-world conference (out of 419 accounts created/registered).
- 165 of those accounts were HyperGrid users, coming from 45 different Opensimulator grids.
- 638 live streams were accessed by unique users on the six conference channels on Saturday, 526 live streams were accessed on Sunday, and 2291 archived video recordings of conference presentations have already been viewed.
If you missed this excellent event, don’t worry–it’s not too late!
Every conference session was recorded, and you can listen to the streams at the OSCC website at your convenience.
The Expo, where sponsoring grids created exhibits showcasing their grids, will remain open to the public through September 30, and you may visit it any time. How to get there via Hypergrid from Littlefield Grid:
- Open the World Map in your viewer.
- In the search box, type: http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002/
- When the map reports “Region Found!”, click Teleport.
You will land on Expo Zone 1. The Littlefield Grid exhibit is on Expo Zone 7. Enjoy your explorations!
Here are a couple more photos from the event: